General guidance about schools and education settings from GOV.UK
- England wide guidance for schools, colleges and local authorities on maintaining educational provision (opens in a new window) came out on March 19th.
- Information for parents and carers on school closures (opens in a new window) was also published on 19th March (updated 31st March)
- Further guidance about supporting vulnerable children and young people (opens in a new window) (this includes children with social workers and children with EHC Plans) was published on the Gov.uk website on 22nd March
- On 24th March the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Children and Families, Vicky Ford, issued an open letter to children and young people with SEN, their parents/carers and families, and all others who support them (opens in a new window).
Further guidance and support
- Herefordshire County Council Coronavirus (opens in a new window)
- Worcestershire County Council Coronavirus (opens in a new window)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) frequently asked questions for parents and carers for education (opens in a new window)
- Contact, the charity for Families with disabled children Coronavirus webpage (opens in a new window) has lots of information about support for children with disabilities and complex health needs.
- The Council for Disabled Children (CDC) COVID-19 Support and guidance webpage (opens in a new window) has a long list of links to information and resources to support children.
- The Independent Provider of Special Education Advice (IPSEA) COVID-19 update page (opens in a new window) offers answers to frequently asked questions.
Everyone will be spending a lot more time at home. For advice on staying safe at home please see the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents website (opens in a new window)
Resources for children and young people