Young person having a check up

Health care services

Many children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), will also have medical needs. Different clinical commissioning bodies are responsible for the health care provision for these children and young people.

The Designated Clinical Officer (DCO) supports joined up working between health services and local authorities.

The DCO is not routinely involved in assessments or planning for individuals, except in the course of their usual clinical practice, but would be responsible for ensuring that assessment, planning and health support is carried out by health providers.

Useful websites to health care services related to SEND in your area.

Healthcare Service for Children and Young People in Herefordshire

Healthcare Service for Children and Young People in Worcestershire

Contact us

Contact SENDIASS to talk to one of our advisers:

Please ensure that you contact the office of the county in which you live.